SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nashwinter123

HAVE: New list plus last of my rare Cherry seeds!

nashwinter123
17 years ago

I have a new updated trade list check it out theres tropicals to. But the best thing I have is the almost extict cherry tree seeds that I have some members have got them but these are the last ones that I have for this year theres only two last packages. They are bug repelent and are organice please help me bring this spieces back! I'm looking for tropicals mostly palms and banana. Just email me please!

Comments (90)

• nashwinter123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok so it isn't the Swiss cherry tree. I'll tell you the truth my'n is only 5 Ft tale and is rather ugly. If someone tells me how to get scanned picters into the garden web page I'll take a picture of it and put in next week at sumetime.

• graanieb
    17 years ago

And the plot thickens.

I'm checking in for the latest chapter.

Just ridiculously funny!

We might've traded weren't the prices so steeple!!

• Related Discussions

HAVE: tons of rare veggie seeds

Q

Comments (18)
    aloha~ thats a nice list of seeds =) i dont have any figs, and actually i am looking for similar things, fruit and nuts. i have some sweet red cherry seeds, i am starting these off in the fridge, and i got one thats sprouting already when i checked in on them. not sure you would want this, but this is one of the only seeds i have that i think you might be interested in.. ooo plus i have a few river grape seeds, some wild grapes that i didnt start them all. i actually just got some hazel nuts to start (psyched!) but i already got them all going in the fridge too. i have considered trying to find some RAW nuts...and start them off...well experimental but i am thinking this could be a good way to get some nuts going with the actual nuts. but if you are interested in other trades you can look at my list if theres anything you want. there were a few things on your list that i would like. or if you are offering a SASBE i would gladly send one your way for some seeds. Here is a link that might be useful: my trade list
    ...See More

NEW: what I have left on my want list swap

Q

Comments (77)
    I didn't think anyone could beat sguanzon but I got sunnysmiles51 seeds today 105 wants sent wow and she also sent seeds for everyone. I also got three shy acres seeds today everyones bags are bursting I am only waiting on 3 more queen of diamonds ilovefarac mkruby I'm not sure whats up with mkruby I'm going to try e-mailing her one more time before we get all the seeds in if I don't hear from her I will cross reference her seeds to everones lists like I'm doing with gardenwitches seeds.Patty
    ...See More

Whats Left On My Have List Swap***have lists***

Q

Comments (104)
    Michelle, I got my package today. I am very happy with all the seeds I got. Thanks for sending me lot more extras than what I sent. Wow! lots of petunia which are my favorites. I love all the seeds. Can't wait to start them. Thanks everyone for sharing. My special thanks to Michelle.
    ...See More

NEW: 3rd Annual- Named Variey / Rare / Unusual - Seed Exchange

Q

Comments (82)
    Hey there ya'all- I wanted to give one last shout out for anyone still thinking about joining in on the fun- There is till the close of the day Saturday to sign up for this exchange- don't be shy and let this pass you by- Just post below before Sunday! If you have 1 type of seed that qualifies- just send in 5 packets of that seed and receive 5 different packets back! If you have more than 1 type- well you can send them all if you wish.... It is easy and fun! For those of you who have signed up- I will close this "New" invatational post- and start another "UPDATE" post with the same 3rd annual named variety/rare/unusual seed exchange subject line for us to use for the follow up posts on Sunday morning. I received envelopes from Romando/Amanda and JSelwa today! And I would like to add- this IS going to be a good swap for us all! I can tell already!! So many folks are digging deep to find their rare or unsusal or special named variety seeds- It can't help but be good for all of us!! Mildred- I do believe the smallest envelope received so far was about 20 packets- and the largest- over100! There really is no minimum- so no worries there! Have a good weekend! Julie
    ...See More
  • prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    17 years ago

OMGosh...my sides are hurting from laughing! lol Oh gosh, I wonder if any of you realize how entertaining you all are..lol. This has to be one of the funniest threads I have read in a long time. I have been watching it develop all week and it was at 26 responses the last time I looked, then I pop in this morning and see 42+ posts.

Ok...you dragged me into the thread...I was trying hard to stay out of it, especially since you were all doing such a great job trying to get nash to 'fess up'.

So...now that the cat is out of the bag...I am left wondering, who is this nash character and what in the world does he want with seed so bad that he would make up such a story and try to defraud people of their seeds? There has got to be a really good story behind that. With the extent of the spelling errors, I am tempted to think child? Maybe not someone who can't spell as much as can't type?

Nash...out with it! Who are you really and what do you really want with seeds?

pm2

• daisy_lee
    17 years ago

Hi Anthony a/k/a nashwinter123 and flowerpot123,

I think your posts are funny and some words that you spell correctly on one post are misspeld on the nixt to add more humour. Okay so now you are saying that your cherry tree is ugly and we want to know what this post is all about. You went to agricultural school so you must know a lot about trees, so why did you post a picture of an apple tree instead of a cherry tree? Are you really growing tall palms and coconut trees indoors in Connecticut.

Come on Anthony tell us about yourself and the trees & plants that you have been successful with. You really have captured a big audience and we are curious about you.

Daisy Lee

• jim_6b
    17 years ago

I think the reason this thread has not been yanked so far is that the powers that be are being entertained as much as we are.
    Jim

• nashwinter123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The reasoon why I'm trying to trade these seeds so bad is to prove that they really are rare cherry seeds. Now gust tell me how to post pictuers and I will show you what it looks like.

Things I've grew A red wood these things are challenging to grow but helping these seeds are huge and red.

Most things I sell on ebay look there and see what I sell.
    In my greenhouse i've grown over 300 spiecies of palms all sorts of rare things like the swiss black cherry.

• kilngod
    17 years ago

It's just too sad that it took a bunch of lies to capture such an audience - which might be why he does this.

Nash, if you had just been direct about things, you may have gotten more trades. Early on, your posts just seemed to be "hustling" us somehow, so traders may have avoided you - I know I did. Then the bolder lies, and when you get caught in those a few times...well, then I'm suspicious of everything you say. A very normal reaction.

If you had just been trading regular ol' cherry seeds, and not trying to hype things all up falsely, I might have traded with you just to welcome you here.

People were doubting you with good reason, and you lied to try to get them to believe you. Now I already know that you are "quick to be careless with the truth"...so why should I (or anyone here) believe anything you say? We aren't total doofs just waiting to be "had".

Remember the Boy Who Cried Wolf story? If you want people to trust you, be trustworthy.

• jim_6b
    17 years ago

aka margo provided a link on how to post pictures.

• graanieb
    17 years ago

You've got it Jim, powers that be got to be entertained by this, plus, allowing the truth to prevail, as the seeds might very well be poisonous wild cherry -like Littleone first said, Prunus Serotina. It's unfortunate this has to happen but you have to laugh.

I mean, you'd think these were the cherry seeds from the tree George Washington chopped down.

• nashwinter123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kilngod
    If I had posted regular old cherry seeds for trade thatwould have been a lie also Ive wrote the fiftheth post.

• nashwinter123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hold on I just ate a granysmith apple anybody won't to trade seeds accully I'll send them to you free just claim them they don't interest me there not rare or exotice maybe if they were like antartican grany smith apples they'ed be keepable. This is a serieus post

• becksyard
    17 years ago

Ebay you say?? Not surprising that you do not have anything currently for sale and have not received or given even one feedback listing you as a seller. Only 20 or so feedbacks, all as a buyer. (My compliments though, you are a "wicked good" payer) Which would lead me to believe you have never sold anything on Ebay. Unless of course you are using a different email. In that case, you will have to direct us to your listings on Ebay. Just make sure you pick ones that are Connecticut though.

• nashwinter123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It has to say what I sold and what I'm seeling theres pygmy date palm seeds for sale and gadalupe palm seeds for sale and greenhouse plans which theres people stupied enufe in this world that will by the plans when they cazn gust get them free online thats were I found mine and sell theem for $5.00 you look beter.

• liznbeatle
    17 years ago

The Moral of this story:

Some times life is the pits!

Sorry couldn't resist:):)

• becksyard
    17 years ago

Yep, it does say what you sold (within 30 days) and what you are selling. That would still be nothing. And I looked 'beter' since I always enjoy trying to solve riddles. You'll have to help me out and post a link to your items.

• nashwinter123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Anybody want the apple seeds.

• micke
    17 years ago

what I want to know is if you are sending any one else nasty e-mails (like you did me) because they are questioning you on the cherry seeds. I also have another question, did you send me a virus with said e-mail, for someone sure did, and it hit after I read your e-mail. I was not trying to be malicious, I was just trying to figure out if you really had two member names or not (which you have explained why you did that) I was really hurt by that e-mail, I am easily hurt I guess, but I have to say that was the first nasty e-mail I have gotten from GW, I try to be fair and I guess I just didn't feel that my questioning your 2 member names warrented that, all you would of had to of done was explain why you had 2, and I would of understood, I myself am not the best in the memory department.
    I would of privately e-mailed you with this, but if you can understand I will not be opening any more e-mails from you after having to overhaul my computer.

• nashwinter123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No I didn't send you a virus but I had a virus in my old computer and after I sent you the email I figuerd it out that I had a virus. Now I only use my to new busines laptopes and my new dell. The reasoon why it was such a nastey email was because I had about 100 people ask me that in that one day. So at that point I was prity angree. And I'm about to go postal on these people because thy don't get the concept that I have very rare cherry seeds.

• kilngod
    17 years ago

The true colors shine so Freudianly...

"people stupied enufe in this world that will by the plans when they cazn gust get them free online"

I'd love to tell you where you should put those apple seeds...and the cherry seeds too, pal. (The trash pail would do fine though.) We don't need no mockin' nor exploitin' 'round here.

And go find your "stupied" people somewhere else.

• kilngod
    17 years ago

Dude, we get the concept. We just don't believe you now.

• jim_6b
    17 years ago

Can you tell me if this variety of Cherry tree is listed as an endangered speices by the United States Fish & Wildlife Service?
    Jim

• firegurl
    17 years ago

This really is unbelievable. I am glad people here are willing to question others as we are all on an honor system here. Unfortunately, you never know when your are going to run into a person who doesn't hold up their end of the bargain. I am actually one of the gullible people who sent Anthony a pack of palm tree seeds for his 'rare cherry seeds'. I emailed him to ask the species name. He told me the name was prunus zarotiny and also said that I wouldn't find any information online because they are almost extinct ( well, that was convenient for you Anthony) oh yeah, and they are great at repelling insects/bugs. Then when I sent him another email saying I would love any other information about the cherrys, he never responsed. This situation is obviously one big lie......

Anthony- you have even admitted "ok they are not the swiss black cherry" and you have also submitted a picture of an apple tree. Then later on here, you still insist they are a rare cherry--again you are probably lying or you would just produce some real information here. Why don't you just admit where you got them and we can all move on. I doubt you will have any luck setting up trades on gw but you might as well try to fix your situation. You owe everyone who you lied to and traded with at least an apology. How would you feel if you sent me the palms seeds and I sent you a lie????

Danielle
    Firegurl

• littleonefb
    17 years ago

Seems to me, that the comedy of this person Nashwinter123 aka Flowerpot123 or what ever he calls himself, has run it's course.

He was outed the first time on January 21, 2007 and was allowed to continue to post for trades by the powers that be on GW.

We've continued, in one fashion or another, to get the real story on this character, without results, until now.

Now we know he's nothing more than a scam artist posing as a legitimate trader, her on GW and the seed exchange, as well as on ebay.

The sad part is that there have been people that have traded with this guy and been sent his so called "rare cherry tree seeds". The ones that no one, including myself, can find any info on anywhere on the web.

So, I'm not laughing at this con artist or even what he says anymore. He's ripped off people on this site. None of us would be very happey about that.

We've done all we can to warn others about him and I think it's just time to ignore any further posts and put a stop to the con job that he keeps going.

Nashwinter's words from what he sells on ebay

"greenhouse plans which theres people stupied enufe in this world that will by the plans when they cazn gust get them free online thats were I found mine and sell theem for $5.00 you look beter."

Scamming on ebay and now the attempt on GW.

Anthony aka Nashwinter123 aka flowerpot123, we've outed you and it's time to go away. All of us on seed exchange are aware of you. Bye, bye.

Fran

• firegurl
    17 years ago

this really is sad too. sorry nash. I do hope that nothing is wrong with you personally or that we're not missing anything here. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but this got weird..... I am still going to plant the cherry seeds anyway....whatever their name is...

Danielle
    Firegurl

• karyn1
    17 years ago

You just tell lies on top of lies. You can't even keep them straight. On another forum you wrote that you JUST put up a greenhouse. You have a greenhouse with over 300 plants like I have a White House at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue! Like everyone else said if you had just been straightforward I'm sure you would have found plenty of people willing to trade regardless of what you had to offer.
    Karyn

• graanieb
    17 years ago

Fran and Danielle, I understand what you mean. This was sad from the start and seeing the truths coming out it wasn't possible not to laugh knowing truth is coming out. I too was concerned and wondered what's bothering Nash and hoped he'd admit to being found, apologize and having learned a lesson, moved on.

GB

• nashwinter123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

If they were reagular old cherry seeds I would of said so just give me beter info on how to put pictures in.

• webkat5
    17 years ago

Image uploading:

Here is a link that might be useful: Image uploading

• nashwinter123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sorry people of garden web they arn't so rare as they were 7 years ago and there not called the Swiss black cherry any more now there called the Black Tartarian cherry not as rare and seeeds are only like $5.00 for seeds but seeing there not exoyice anymore I'll trade them for almost anything.

• luvsgrtdanes
    17 years ago

You need to have your pictures at a web adress, try this one

Here is a link that might be useful: photos

• becksyard
    17 years ago

Umm, just wondering where you discovered your newest information. Or is it just in 'NashWorld' that the name was changed from Swiss black cherry. This is copied from arborday.org concerning the Black Tartarian Cherry:
    History/Lore/Use:
    This species was introduced from Russia to England in 1794 by Hugh Ronalds and named Ronald's Large Black Heart. It came to the United States in the early 1800s and has been popular ever since.
    Doesn't sound like it was ever nearly extinct to me.
    And as far as going 'postal', we are the ones who should be angry since my fellow GW members are the ones who have been lied to, conned and cheated from.
    OK,I'm going back to the real world now. byebye

Here is a link that might be useful: Black Tartarian cherry

• amazon
    17 years ago

i was so excited to find GW. Finally people who love plants and flowers as much as I do. Finally people who understand the calming joy they bring me.
    on another forum there was a topic titled "You know it's Spring when...." i was trying to think of something I do that's silly, sometimes you don't even realize you do these things.
    I guess we should add, you know it Spring when someone is trying to scam Garden Web. i figured I wouldn't have anything "good" enough to trade but thought I'd post what I knew I had and see what happened. i got an overwhelming reponse. My husband has heard more about GW in the last few weeks than I care to admit. It's a shame someone came into the room, farted, and got busted on it and is still trying to claim his inoccence.
    You are the big pink elephant dude. And if he's sending viruses around everyone need to stop asking him questions and let him slink away. That's my 2 cents.
    Try not to make fun of spelling though, mine is lame too. HAHA

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    17 years ago

Good morning..

I wanted to say that although I found this thread entertaining and funny yesterday, it was really based on the fact that right at the beginning of the thread, people were already figuring out there was a problem here. The very patient and humorous responses GW members made to nash were really the source of my amusement and not what nash was doing. Yesterday I was also willing to give the benefit of the doubt as to a possible acceptable motivation or explanation for why he was doing this, but from the posts today it would appear there are none.

This thread illustrates once again what a kind and giving group there is here on GW....the variety of the cherry seeds was not the issue. If this person was genuinely and sincerely just needing to trade seeds and didn't have much, people would have traded generously with him...and even when it was found he was lying, people waited to hear whether there was some understandable reason why.

It is nice to see we are looking out for each other and I am SO glad that the Review forum was added this year. If we will all use that as a guide I think we can keep these instances to a minimum.

:-)
    pm2

• nashwinter123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

See you no why I trade such stupied thing exept for my cherries because I decided to trade all the seeds I had for this other guys whole trade list on Daves garden and he ripped me off I got 5 50 pygmys seeds when I was supposed to get like 500 diffrent seeds thats why I'm at garden web there trustworthy.

• romando
    17 years ago

You know that feeling when you've been swept up into an episode of Jenny Jones (back in the day) and you think you're about to loose your mind because everybody's shouting at each other at the same time and you just wanna scream "Shut the f*ck up everybody"

?

Hmmm. Except this time, it's just for liars...

Amanda 'romando'

• graanieb
    17 years ago

How can we possibly not laugh about this? Sad there were honest people buying these lies! and good to see these posts are putting a stop to it. It was so ridiculously funny but let's hope Rate And Review is back being listed at the beginning of the Seed Exchange.

• jim_6b
    17 years ago

Well nashwinter, it seems that the last few words of your last post were the only ones that had any truth to them.
    The people at GardenWeb are trustworthy.
    I'm not sure what your original motives were. Were you trying to scam everyone or is your trollish behavior just for your entertainment. Maybe someone scammed you and you actually thought the seed were rare. At this point it really does not matter. I would say that most people here think you are a liar and a cheat, but I do feel that it is not to late for you to redeem yourself.
    What is it that you are looking for?
    There are a lot of people offering seed for a SASBE and maybe some would be willing to send you some.
    I have seed from some Tennessee Purple Coneflower, Echinacea tennesseensis. They are an endangered species and are listed by the US Fish and Wildlife Service as being such. Would you be interested in some?
    If you are please post your reply here.
    Jim

• firegurl
    17 years ago

Nash, it doesn't make any sense to lie to people because you've been ripped off in the past. You are talking about two different situations, no one here ripped you off. You say that you are using gw because the people here are trustworthy well, you aren't trustworthy, no one is going to trade with you anymore. you might as well tell everyone the truth.....where did your seeds come from?, probably the grocery store, you sent me 30 seeds so they can't be rare or cost $267, there is no point in you posting any more pictures of apple trees either. Honestly, do you know what a fool you are making of yourself? Ok I am done with this thread...if anyone wants this person's information to avoid trades with them in the future please email me privately.
    Danielle
    Firegurl

• karyn1
    17 years ago

Jim 6b I think you are incredibly forgiving to offer Nash123 your coneflower seeds. I have no doubt that if Nash123 did receive the seeds from you he would be back on GW hawking his "eksepshonly rair" kone flwer seeds!
    Karyn
    PS: I don't believe that he can ever be trusted.

• daisy_lee
    17 years ago

Come on nash123 you have the stage now. Make a serious confession & apology with correct spelling. I have seen posts where your spelling and grammar is good, so no more of that please.

Anthony be serious this time and apologize. All of us trustworthy traders at Garden Web are waiting for it and to end this post!

Daisy Lee

• irishdescended
    17 years ago

NASH WHO??????
    Enough said........

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    17 years ago

What great entertainment y'all have been! I was gone 24 hours and came here first thing to see what was up with this post.

More...More...This has been so entertaining...almost as much as Desperate Housewives!...LMAO

• graanieb
    17 years ago

Not interested in the show where the PLANTS ARE FAKE.

• amazon
    17 years ago

Jim do you really want to communicate online with a guy sending viruses? You might want to rethink that if you value your computer.

• childers
    17 years ago

I have over 300 wollemi pines, there have been millions propagated in Australia where they just sell for a few dollars now if they can sell them at all.

• daisy_lee
    17 years ago

Childers,

You have over 300 wollemi pines??? I paid over $100 for a small one from National Geographic. When my pine gets bigger, I would like to take cuttings and give them to relatives. Do you where I can buy them directly from Australia? Are yours for sale?

Thanks!

Carol

• jim_6b
    16 years ago

Just when you think a thread is gone forever......
    I guess whoever posted on Dec. 31 got deleated. I have been without my laptop for a while so I must have missed something. Hey RBB can you help me out? :)
    jim_6b

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

Jim,

I was the one who posted on Dec 31st...I admit I was just bored, and decided we had had so much fun and so many good laughs at this thread, it deserved to be resurrected.

Then it headed south, and there was a bit of new controversial discussion that went on. Then it was all deleted.

I'll email you some more details, as I hate to start anything more here. Guess I had best check and see if I got a warning for my post being deleted. hmmmm....ole Spiko likely would have just banned me for such a thing.

Sue...hanging head in shame

• bambi_too
    16 years ago

I was being bad too, and I really do miss Spike. I may one of the reasons he sold this, and in all honesty it's a much better place without him. I've heard of him having banned people for just mentioning other Forums. I am sure he would have locked me out this time.

• heavenlyfarm
    16 years ago

I recieved this reply from rareseeds.com and they gave me the following messages:
    1/1/08
    "Michael, We only sell ground cherry seeds for $1.50 a packet or 1/4 oz for $7.50.
    Thanks for letting us know I will go to the site and see for myself. Pam"

Then on 1/2/08
    "Mike, I looked up the link and Jere also checked this out. After reading the responses to this guy from other forum members, Jere decided that he wouldn't worry to much about it. Also, the date is pretty old, almost a year. But, Jere said to tell you thank you very much for your concern about this. There are shysters everywhere it seems. Don't think this guy will get very far with knowledgeable forum members. By the way, we also have a forum. www.idigmygarden.com.
    Love to have you. Pam"

I thought I would post this to prove it once and for all!!
    ~mike

Sponsored