SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maja127

Need your creative ideas for Florida landscaping.

maja127
17 years ago

We purchased a new home in SW Florida. The area around my pool cage/lanai needs to be landscaped. Need help completing what I've started. I've planted heather along the front of the pool cage because I wanted something low that won't block the view of the canal. Now I'm wondering if it looks too 'straight' and plain. At the corners, we had double trunk pigmy dates planted. They were planted 2 months ago & I plan on completing the beds in November when we return for a visit. What would be a good idea along the sides of the pool cage that would blend all the sides together? Would like some privacy, but I'm afraid that I might select plants that will become too large in the future. I know the biggest mistake I can make is over planting! Maybe plants with color that might attract hummingbirds? We are not living in Florida full time yet, but I'd like to get the area around the pool cage completed so that when we do make the move, it will be filled in & pretty. One last thing, the back of the house gets full sun most of the day.

Here is a link that might be useful: need your creative ideas

Comments (10)