SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
auroraborelis

XP from building forum - help with drivway layout!

auroraborelis
11 years ago

We are building a new home and I've been spending a lot of time over on the Building Forum, but I thought this may be a question better suited for the experts over here!

We don't know where our driveway should be located! This is very time sensitive as we need to have this back to the engineer by... well, yesterday!

We are on a large (2.6 acres) corner lot and we would like the driveway to open onto both streets. The actual location of the entrances shown can change.

I've attached what our home designer has drawn up and we aren't completly please with it. We would like some space for guests to leave their cars near the front door, without making a large parking area there.

My thoughts were to have the long part of the driveway in front be 16' wide, and then when it turns have it widen to 20' so there will be room to pass a car parked there.

For some size perspective, the dotted lines are our 30' setback restrictions, and the front of the driveway is to scale at 16'.

There will be a vineyard throughout the entire front yard, and our kitchen has 10' of windows looking out in that direction from the left of the front door (between the front door and the garage). I'd like to be looking out my "vineyard" not the driveway!

Any ideas/help much appreciatted!

{{gwi:48047}}

{{gwi:48048}}

Comments (5)