SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
orangeblossom76

2-4 Seedlings in pot - divide, kill, or plant them all??

orangeblossom76
13 years ago

I am doing some veggie container gardening. Everyone of the seedlings I bought has multiple plants in one pot - roma, bells, and basil. I don't know what to do!

The roma (in 4inch pot) has one big girl and one small one right next to it. The green bell has 3 stems in a 2 inch pot. the basil has 4 stems in 4 inch pot, and the yummy bell has 2 stems, i think. They are all Bonnie's in peat pots 'cept basil.

So. . . should i try to divide them up? I fear i will devastate them with division. The roma might be dividable b/c they weren't close in the pot.I transplanted it a few days ago but am moving it into bigger container (5 gallon bucket) The peppers. . . all i could probably do is cut them. Though I haven't taken them out to look yet.

Or should I just plant them in their containers as is? I took the day off work to catch up on all this and now I'm in a quandary!!

I've scoured the internet and can find nothing! Any help would be super appreciated!!!

also, i planted one tomato seedling in too small a pot. Should i transplant now (week after original) or give it a while to get bigger and then transplant?

thanks!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals