SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sshaw66

Patio Pavers and sloped yard

sshaw66
12 years ago

I'm posting images below. Here's the situation I'm looking for help/assistance about. I've got this kids pool, about 8 ft. in diameter, currently on our deck. It consumes a bit too much of the deck space. What I'd like to do is to put in a patio/pavers off the deck where the soccer ball is at in the photos. It would serve the dual purpose of having a place to put the pool in the summer, and after it is put away for the year (around labor day), we could put a portable fire pit in the center of the pavers.

I'm open to any ideas as to what to do with the space, if anything. I envision having a couple columns, either segmental block or tumbled-type, around the side of the deck. To avoid a retaining wall on the far side of the paver patio, I was thinking of putting some segmental blocks along the deck, and then go outward toward the back of the yard, to make things even. Very much in the planning/idea stage at this point.

My concern: The slope of the yard, which is back toward the raised deck/house. Thanks in advance for any input.

Link to images: Here

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths