SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pixiefeather

PLEASE Advise ~ Harmoizing Deck Stain Color With Flowers

Pixiefeather
9 years ago

Greetings.. I am so hoping some of you can advise me. I have made a terrible mistake with my large 14x40 foot deck.

I am in the first year of attempting to make a cottage style garden out of my small rectangular and barren yard. Thus far, I have planted mostly pinks, lavenders blues and purples, in what I guess would be cool tones. My deck was that pressure treated browny orange color with flecks of weathered gray and it seemed to work.

Recently though we decided to try staining the deck with some heart redwood we had left over. Despite the fact that I did test a sample and liked it, when we put it on the deck it dried a horrific orangey red that is very dark and heavy for the light, airy vibe I am going for. My beautiful garden of cool pinks and light blues, purples and white seems to clash horribly with the very dark imposing warm redwood color of the deck.

I am brand new to color theory and am trying to figure out how to fix this. I am leaning towards stripping and re staining was wondering what color deck stain would work well with the lavenders, cool pinks, and blues of my young cottage garden ?? I would like a transparent stain.

I have included a pic showing the deck prior to staining. This was taken long ago and it looks much better now with many shades of pinks and whites etc. Also..the red Maltese cross has been moved. I do not currently have one showing the after stain, but tit is very heavy,dark red/orange redwood color. Clashes terribly with pink roses...uggh..

Comments (4)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County