SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
restoringahomestead

Help with driveway design

Hi,

So we've got LOTS of landscaping needs. But number one right now is this driveway. As you can see I bought 29 Austrian Pines at an auction back in April. Got 'em home and did EVERYTHING right in planting them right away and we have lost EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!! The picture you're seeing are the last remaining ones, the other 12 trees that I had planted there have already been pulled out.

I want to HIDE the neighborhood from my view. The field there is dead and the old guy that lives there isn't going to do anything with it. I don't think he'll even sell it me :-( and I want to hide the street and the house from our view. Yes, I want to live in my own little bubble :-).

The run of dirt on the left side of the drive is 6' wide and it runs 120'. I thought about buying Green Gaint arborvitae, but for the long of a run I probably can only afford the 2' size and I'd like to get rid of "the world" from view faster than that. The fence you see is 4' so I don't think a 6' wood fence is going to block it all out. Plus, the house sits on a little higher grade than the drive.

Don't mind working with layers. Maybe some SUPER fast growing shrub or something in the back, the "green giants" in front of that and them some lower color by the curbing.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Rick

Comments (17)