SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ctack2

Google

ctack2
16 years ago

Google has a feature which enables you to type a telephone number into the search bar and hit enter, and you will be given the person's name and address. If you then hit Map, you will get a map to the person's house. Everyone should be aware of this! It's a nationwide reverse telephone book. There are other ways to do this but not as simple as Google has made it.

If a child gives out his/her phone number, someone can now look it up to find out where he/she lives. The safety issues are obvious and alarming.

Note that you can have your phone number removed or blocked. I first got an email about this several months ago and I tried my number and it came up along with the map and directions straight to our house. I did fill out the removal form and tried it again today and my number IS gone. I encourage all of you to do the same.

In order to test whether your phone number is mapped, go to Google at www.google.com , type your phone number in the search bar (e.g. 555-555-1212) and press enter. If you want to BLOCK Google from divulging your private information, simply click on your telephone number and then click on the Removal Form. Removal takes 48-hours.

Please share this information with friends and family. This is really scarey!

CarolB

Comments (2)

Sponsored