SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
landperson_gw

Can you share your seiving and sifting techniques?

landperson
13 years ago

Hi there everyone.

I'm still dithering about here, embarrassingly enough. Today I have the materials and I am going to ask a helper to make me some seives, but since he won't be available until later today I was going to see what information I could get from y'all before I tell him what I need.

I have four Sterilite 10-gallon storage containers that measure 14 X 20 at the top.

I have screening: 1/2", 1/4", 1/8" and insect.

My plan is to make (have made since I'm terrible with nails and screws and the like) screens that will be framed -- pretty much like the pictures of Al's screens -- and will fit over the top of those containers.

I'm aging and arthritic and hauling stuff is getting harder and harder, so I'm trying to work this out so I don't have to be lifting too much too high, etc.

Oh, I'm also going to have one screen made that's big enough to fit over my wheelbarrow for the first go-round with the redwood bark.

Wow, I just did a Google Image search for soil sifters, and I am going to go and look at those pictures, too, but....any suggestions you have for me before I start off in the wrong direction would be much appreciated.

Comments (17)