SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindaruzicka

aagghhhh!!!

lindaruzicka
15 years ago

You know, I planted a pot of basil and oregano and put it outside my patio door. I put them DELIBRATELY inside the fence on the patio so the bunnies and deer wouldn't eat them. SO there they were, growing so beautifully, just about ready to pick and dry and...WHOOSH..they're gone! I couldn't figure out what happened to them until I noticed a parsley leaf hanging out of my youngest dog, Piper, mouth..."sigh"....

Comments (7)

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Oh no!.....lol....don't mean to chuckle,but my goodness is that funny! At least your pup has good taste,right? :)

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

she didn't even look sorry!.."L"

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

I would never have guess that a dog would eat something like green herbs basil and oregano

Maybe Piper needs more toys.

My youngest, Kiley, is about 16 months now, but she hasn't chewed on or bothered much of my stuff for many months now...unlike other furbabies that I could not trust for 2-3 years. Kiley still has some stuffed animals strewn about the yard, that she seldom plays with, but she knows they are hers.

Looks like you might have to affix something like chicken wire around that pot. Hopefully it was just pruned and will grow back some b4 freezing temps arrive.

Sue

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I think I might put it onto my patio table, without the chairs!

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Of course she wasn't sorry!Those were tasty!...lol....
    I believe she would eat them,many dogs and cats like vegetation,I had a cat that loved garden tomatoes and good Italian bread and would go crazy for a taste of any kind of melon! My Deeogee,loved herbs,especially Basil. So yes, putting them out of "paws" reach would probably be a good idea.At least your baby had a shot at them and not those other greedy critters...lol...I am an animal lover,but sometimes those wild beasts make me crazy! :)

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

Tell her next time your gonna turn her into doggy burger and add her to the spaghetti sauce LOL.

When the weather is not so hot I could sent you a nice start of oregano...it is growing wild at my daughter's house. Kim

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

yeah, the peppermint she didn't touch...that stuff you can't kill.."L".

I'd appreciate that Kim, let me know about the postage..thanks!

Sponsored