SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chigreenwood

Natural Rocks compared to Landscaping Brick

ChiGreenwood
11 years ago

Hi, how is everyone. My question is concerning what people are feeling these days on natural rock (Wisconsin boulders 7 inches in size or so) compared to landscaping brick that is purchased at Home Depot. My house is a Chicago Georgian with a front porch off the front which is now painted (three different colors, a Dark Greeen support beams, the railings and floors in a dark blue, and the small bars in between the railings in a grey-white ) Sorry, I don't have an updated photo showing colors on hand. Anyways, we currently have landscaping done on the left hand side where we used landscaping brick, (redish blackish) 2 layers and then a topper stone. I have yet to do the other side, but I have since kinda fallen in love with natural rock (Out here you can buy them from landscaping suppliers called Wisconsin Boulders .15 cents a pound, or $115 a ton). My wife wants to do it all in the landscaping brick which everyone and their mother has while I would like to pull out what I did last fall and start fresh with all natural stone. Is there a trend that anyone has seen on landscaping styles and where we are headed. Also, what are everyone's views on the two? Thanks

Comments (19)