SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamacotti_gw

Ever used one of these?

mamacotti
16 years ago

This is a hydraulic tool "for the masonry and landscaping trades."

I'm still working on my stone wall, slow going and haven't had a lot of time to get back to it lately, but for the spots that I just CAN'T find the right stone, I've tried cutting, breaking, chipping..all to unsatisfactory results.

It's really starting to get on my nerves. So in doing web searches I found this, and several others similar to it. I've called every landscaping company in my area...none have one. I've called every tool rental place...again none.

I'm starting to think it might be a good idea to buy one to finish my job, do other projects with, and rent it out! Surely it would pay for itself in time, wouldn't it?

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has used one before and your thoughts on it. If it works as well as it seems to in the videos, think how much easier it would be to build things with. Just slicing the sides off some of the rocks to make them fit in...wow.

Or...is that cheating too much?

Your thoughts, please?

I hope this is the right forum for this question...I posted it a few days ago on "Gardening With Stone" but didn't get any responses. Can anyone here help me?

Suzie

Here is a link that might be useful: Stoneshear

Comments (8)