SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caribbeancupcake

Long distance design plan?

Alyce Venice
16 years ago

Need landscape plan done by professional designer very familiar with steep hillsides. The only example I could compare it to would be those in California along the coast.Is it possible for a designer to do a plan that would show terracing areas and appropriate retaining wall specifications without ever seeing the site in person?

I have had two landcape designers one from St.Thomas (the only one) who never submitted a proposal and one who did submit a proposal new to the island but so weak and obviously not comfortable with the project.

I can provide a topography map, surveys and an as built. The grade is 53%. Essentially for every ten feet forward it drops about ten feet.The lot is .54 of an acre a rectangle in shape. The elevation map goes from 632 feet at the driveway entrance behind the house to 530 feet at the lowest part of the lot.As soon as we move into the house (we are living in a construction trailer in the proposed driveway area)the track hoe operator who originally excavated for the house will be putting in the final driveway and I was hoping I could have a plan to have him terrace the hillside in front of the house into some usable space. This house is all about the view we have a great 180 degree view of the Caribbean but we will be looking over this hillside for the rest of our lives. I was hoping to have some terraces that I could use for my orchid shed and a citrus area and then large expanses of lavender. I have propagated over thirty bismarkia noblis palms and lots of plumeria I had hoped to use in this area.

If it is possible to purchase a plan done on CAD or whatever please tell me who to contact and how I could move forward.

Thanks in advance for all advice

Comments (11)