SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kms4me

increase in sasbes, part ii

kms4me
16 years ago

Over the past few days, I have received 6 emails from GW members, some of them requesting my rarest seeds for SASBE--one person asked for more than 30 different varieties. These requests were not in response to any postings I have made offering free seeds. In addition, though I offer many SASBEs, I state clearly on my trade page to please not ask me for them.

What is interesting and off-putting to me is that in 5 of the cases, the member had joined the day he/she sent the email. In addition, their pages are blank, they have nothing for trade lists, not even their zones or state is listed.

I feel that there are more and more opportunists out there who are joining (especially this time of year) only to take advantage. While I know some people do become active trading members in the future, I really have to wonder about the commitment to GW of someone who will not even bother filling out the smallest details on their member pages.

I have decided to no longer send SASBEs to people who have nothing on their pages, including their trade pages, nor will I send to someone who has joined GW the same day they contact me for free seeds. I firmly believe that everyone can offer something for trade.

Sending out SASBEs used to be something that gave me great pleasure, but now is becoming tedious and making me feel at times like a bit of a chump.

Kate,

who is being much more selective these days...

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!