SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lane_ross363

have: have: clivia miniata from wild collected seed!

lane_ross363
16 years ago

Hellow,

Winter. What can you say? The time in which i am always itching to be in the garden w/ my plants, but alas, am cooped up inside with my houseplants. I already have more than i need, and they're overtaking the house w/ their lush growth resulting from bi-weekly showers, beer/ammonia/epsom salt fertilizer (which, by the way, is EXCELLENT! Go to http://www.epiforums.com/showthread.php?t=321 to read more, it's a proven fertilizer which works wonders for plants from cacti to orchids! I use it on EVERYTHING along w/ kelp and fish emulsion) Here's the recipie, by the way:

Fast-Aging Cactus Fertilizer (recipe was sold to my friend under this name)

1 12-ounce can or bottle of beer

1 cup of Epsom salts

1/2 cup of ammonia

2 cups of water

Mix and put into a 1-quart container. Use 1/2 oz. per gallon of water every two weeks, when you water your cactus.

1 cup = 8 ounces; 1/4 cup = 2 ounces = 4 tablespoons

1 fluid ounce = 2 tablespoons; therefore 1/2 oz is 1 Tbsp.

, and constant and almost OCD like care from me lol... yet i want more :) i LOVE fragrant plants, with a spicy, dianthus/matthonia/clove scent being my absolute favorite with citrus blossom a close second! I like plants which are easy, stay small, and especially winter bloomers. LOVE weird plants, too! I have to trade (at the moment, as in spring have lots of heirloom flowers from my grandmother, and wildflowers, such as iris cristata) several clivia miniata seedlings (around 8" tall w/ several leaves) from wild collected seed imported to me by a friend in s.africa, from the ndwedwe region (the clivias from this region are renouned for their beautifully shaped and colored flowers, and their immense umbels which hold up to 40 flowers!)... these seedlings are over one and a half years old, grown rather organically, in a nursery group pot treated with myco fungi. I also have several small clivia miniata seedlings which are true yellow flowered, grown from seeds of the first yellow wild clone introduced into cultivation, named 'eshowe yellow'. These are from self-pollination. Also have one or two neomarica gracilis plantlets, among other things. I have been selling these plants on ebay with EXCELLENT feedback, but my fav. thing to do in gardening is to share and trade plants, so here i am. It "feels" better than buying, and is DEFINATELY more fun!!! I think you will all agree! I want to reserve these for rather special plants. As i mentioned, i'm interested in fragrant, winter bloomning houseplants, such as osmanthus fragrans, ect... also easy, colorful houseplants... also, HOYAS!!!! besides the "common" carnosa (although carnosa variants welcome), i'm particuarly interested in obscura, calycina, subcalva, lacunosa variants, any fragrant hoyas... cuttings, plants, whatever... FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME!!! lane_ross363@yahoo.com !!! have a merry christmas and god bless! Sorry for the long message!

Comments (5)

Sponsored