SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grullablue

Landscaping around our deck

grullablue
12 years ago

We just got our deck finished this week! (well, not quite done, we have the stairs to finish) My husband, our 9 year old son, and I did it ourselves. Now I'm trying to figure out how to landscape around it! I perhaps should have provided a straight-on shot....the stairs are not right in the middle, we basically lined the stairs up with the patio door, and also have them set up so the patio table/chairs are tucked away on one side and we don't have to walk around them or anyone sitting there to get to teh stairs. I have a planting bed I recently started on the side of the deck (right side in of this pic,) which has some lilies, clematis, and succulents, and is completely mulched. I'd like to extend the bed around the corner of the deck to the stairs to avoid mowing around the stairs, but what to put there? And something in the corner on the other side of the stairs. Probably two shrubs, one on each side of the stairs for sure. I was thinking maybe one of the smaller wine colored weigelas...but unsure yet. I'd still need something to fill in from the shrub to the corner on the right side of the pic. The house faces south in this pic, so receives a lot of sun... if anyone's up some suggestions I'd love to hear them! If the area didn't receive so much sun I'd just throw some hostas in there...I love hostas, and have lots of them I could divide.

I'm not sure what to do with the bed edge yet.... some sort of edging, trench...no idea. Don't want to spend a lot on stone/blocks...not right now anyway...

{{gwi:38218}}

Comments (12)