SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roorezzi

need help quick - big sale on shrubs - front garden plan

roorezzi
13 years ago

the local nursery is having an early bird sale tomorrow and they are having shrubs and trees 40% off. DH and I had been talking about doing something with the other side of the house and this might be our best chance.

I am attaching pictures but we are looking for something that is easy maintenance. THe area gets AM sun til about 1-2:00. The area is under our 2 front bedroom windows. It is a ranch house and we need to hadd some depth to the house - since it is flat from end to end.

We have talked about moving the boxwood to a different part in the front and add something that has a little more height. So that is also an option.

I would like to have some shrubs - been thinking about Hydrangeas - dwarf alburta spruce... and also some flowers in there as well. We are in a wooded area nad have to tend with deer - they normally do not go in the front and eat anything. The bed by the walkway is a few years old - never had any issues with it.

Would love some suggestions....

Overall view of house (2 car garage not shown)

{{gwi:37607}}

View of front walkway and garden - we have a rhod (Nova Z) and an azalea - possibly maybe we should consider movingthe azalea out and over to the other side.. is it too much in there when they get older.

{{gwi:37608}}

View of area - about 24 ft long - rough estimate. You can see the boxwood here.

{{gwi:37609}}

Another view of the area - straight on. You can see the peek and the windows are not symmetrical - it drives me crazy but theres nothing I can do about it.

{{gwi:37610}}

Any help would be greatly appreciated. What would you do with this space... sorry for the short notice and immediate need. But this sale is incredible and I just found out about it. We were going to wait and now we can't pass the opportunity.

Thanks in advance.

Ruth

Comment (1)