SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veggiefaery

Topsy Turvy?

veggiefaery
14 years ago

So maybe I am a sucker for "AS SEEN ON TV!" products, but more likely I am just a sucker for any product that has to do with gardening.

This past March I invested in a Topsy Turvy hanging planter to grow strawberries in. I really would like some strawberries to go with my rhubarb, but just don't have the room to grow strawberries in any of my raised garden beds. The Topsy Turvy hanger seems like a good solution.

The hanging planter is supposed to hold 15 strawberry plants, but I only put in eight because I didn't want to invest too much money in something that may not work.

Does anyone use any of the Topsy Turvy products to grow tomatoes, peppers, or even better, strawberries? I have been asking around and have gotten mixed reviews. I've either hear they work great, or that they didn't work at all. This suggests to me that there is a "trick" to getting plants to grow well in these hanging planters.

I put mine up today and I only have two concerns so far -

1) its weight - I am I afraid it might rip the hook out of the side of the house and take the siding with it.

2) When I watered (used my gallon size watering can) I didn't feel like the water was distributing evenly among the plants. I was hesitant to water again because I am afraid I might over-water some plants. Time will tell for the watering concern.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County