SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mark00000

need help w/ townhouse backyard backs to parking lot

markjg
9 years ago

Hi everyone I need some help please, I have a end unit townhouse that faces south sun rises on the left in the pics, its an end unit with a bump out so the backyard is about 35 feet long by 15 or so wide. There were nothing but 5 foot weeds and a over gown holly tree in the back yard. It was a short sale and they weren't taking care of the back.
I recently planted a few trees. A Japanese Kwanzan, a red rocket crapemyrtle from a nursery and cheap crapemyrtle from HD. I have a second cheap crape from HD that I just put into a larger planter till I decide what Im doing. I have had a double knock out rose bush for about 3 years and other things that have come and gone but no trees until this year.

Could some one offer suggestions to add more privacy and more green and other colors. I am up for removing a lot of brick to put down sod or whatever. there is concrete under that brick that the table sits on. you can kind of see how the brick is level there lol.

The expensive red rocket crape is planted against the fence and has mulch around it and it has multiple trunks.

The small cheaper crape with a single trunk is in the corner on the left side.

The Kwanzan is planted near the deck and ac unit. I pulled up the bricks and dug about a 3.5 foot hole.... it was mostly clay that deep. but there are plenty of trees around here growing in this stuff. IS that a good location?

I have Phyllostarhy spectabilis bamboo that I just received today. Its beatiful! They are in temp planters till my stock tank arrives. The bambo is there to block my neighbors porch.

I would to plant one more thing where you can see the crushed stone from where I pulled the brick in the far right corner.

This post was edited by markjg on Mon, Jul 7, 14 at 21:11

Comments (14)