SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shady_10b

Attractive, cheap containers?

shady_10b
9 years ago

Hello fellow container gardeners,

What do you do for containers?

I'm in the midst of transforming my sterile ground-level balcony into a nice place to sit and read with a glass of wine, but I didn't expect that one of my challenges would be consistent dissatisfaction over containers. Looks matter to me, but my budget means wood and clay aren't options for the major focal elements I'm planning. If you've faced similar challenges, I'd love to hear how you solved them (if you did). I'd be more than happy just to see pictures if you're willing to share.

So far, I've had some luck shopping around. Any recommendation to check out online/mail order stores with impressive selections of planters? I've hit the major national (US) chains, but there are a million smaller businesses I don't know about which I'd rather patronize.

I'm also pretty good with paint, so that's an option. In fact, if I go down that path I'll be happy to share my process, in due time.

I'm quite fond of the ideas of up-cycling and re-purposing, but for me that would definitely have to include a lick of paint on containers, a nice new finish on old furniture, etc.

Thanks a million, in advance!
Nik

Comments (18)