SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dahliaqueen

Gardening Broken back story

dahliaqueen
15 years ago

Someone was concerned abuout me being new on the trades, here's my story,

Watch out for your plant stakes!!!

I use to have a dahlia farm and use to trade heavily on Garden Web back then, 8 years ago we were working out in one of the fields in October and I( squatted on a plant stake directly on my tail bone and broke it in 5 places and raked my back bone to the left severly all the way to my head, I was history, all most died, was in a 1/2 coma for years, It was really bad, the worst it could have been, My organs were all shutting down to kill me to get me off this planet.

I had to relearn how to walk again 3 times. Severe severe pain for a good 6 years

It's like a black cloud over your life, your thoughts.

My memory was lacking as I was coming out of the worst of it, I have sat for hours and reread every garden book and notes I ever took.

I still have this wierd phobia with the dahlias, can't look at any of it yet, soon though!

I did no surgery, all alternative medicine, cranial work, soft tissue work, and a singing instructor that works on spinal injured people by singing scales,

And I'm going back to 100% normal health slowly!!!

this is the first year I can really garden- 8 years later!

I completely forgot about the plant trade till a few days ago!!!!

I just got back on the plant trade here,

I have lots of Daylilis as well, which took a beating after 8 years of neglect, so next year I will be able to trade them.

I completely understand your concern, I remember women every so often sending lousy packages of nothingness, like wilted cuttings.

I will definately be generous, everything is rooted and will get dug up that same day I ship, and I pack roots in wet towels and plastic bags,

except for the crocosmia. they are large bloomable bulbs.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus