SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alamel_gw

Narrow along house. Opinions please.

alaMel
12 years ago

I have a narrow stretch of lawn about 60-70ft along my house. This is at an angle to the street, so some curb appeal is missing. I've been fiddeling with a design but need some opinions please. There is maybe 6ft from my house to a pathway sidewalk. I had planned on going up for some visual interest in a 3 ft wide bed the whole length, but am kind of stuck with the lack of architecture and considering breaking it up into several beds. So the intitial full length plan was to have large windowless areas (3) filled in with a mixed trellis of dark pink and purple Clematis. Under a large lower window, New York Aster flanked on each side by said trellis mix. Intermittent with Orange Crush day lilies. I really liked the color mix of bright/dark purple, pink and orange. Plus I already have a large cluster planting of the daylilies, the aster, and one pink Clematis vine. They just need to be moved. There is also a back door on this side that I have two 'sensation' lilacs planted (babies). Full sun on one end and a large White Ash provides part shade on the other. Also would like blooms all season and don't know if this mix is going to cut it. Also at my disposal for transplanting are, purple double decker cone flower, silver mound(2), tri-colored stonecrop, shasta daisy, sunscape daisy, Endless Summer hydrangia, and Jacobs ladder. Suggestions??

Comments (11)