SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tracyfox_gw

HAVE: Marsh Marigold, Sweet Flag, Turtlehead, Native Iris

tracyfox
16 years ago

On Sunday, I will be thinning my bog and would love to trade extra bog plants for any named allium, camassia, narcissus/daffodil or lily bulbs or ferns.

The plants and quanitites I anticipate having are:

Caltha palustris (Marsh Marigold - U.S. native) - 4 plants

- a multiflowered golden buttercup-like plant with leathery basal foliage, 18-24' tall, blooms earlyl spring to early summer and sporadically in early fall, full sun/part shade

Acorus gramineus 'Ogon' (Golden Variegated Sweet Flag - Japanese native) - 8 plants

- an evergreen sedge with yellow/chartruese blade margins, 12" tall, full sun/part shade

Chelone lyonii (Pink Turtlehead - U.S. native) - 4 plants

- bright pink flower clusters where individual flowers resemble little turtle heads with open mouths, leathery foliage, 30" tall, blooming now, part shade

Iris versicolor (Northern Blue Flag - U.S. native) - 4 fans

- a purple/blue water iris with some white and gold, 36" tall and very vigorous, blooms in early summer, full sun/part shade

Please note that all of these plants are growing in a rubber-lined rain-catching mulched bog with no history of disease or persistant weeds ... saturated soil but not standing water. The marsh marigold, sweet flag and turtlehead might also work in moist garden soil. The iris might also work in shallow water.

I would like to ship Monday but don't necessarily need for you to ship in such a short time frame. I would also expect since plants will be more expensive to ship than bulbs you would compensate on the trade or make up the difference in postage.

Looking forward to your offers,

Tracy Fox

Chillicothe, IL

Comments (2)

Sponsored