SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thatcrazyplantlady

HAVE: Tropicals, Perennials, Named Daylilies

thatcrazyplantlady
13 years ago

I have a few things to trade for something I'm looking for.

NO PLANTS FOR POSTAGE!

I'm only looking for plants that are perennial in zone 7b and tolerate drought. I'm not interested in tropicals or seeds or unrooted cuttings. I need plants that are ready to go in the ground now and won't be invisible.

I send good healthy plants that you'll be able to see when you plant them.

I'm looking for uncommon named daylilies, particularly with a love/romance/honeymoon vacation theme.

I'm also looking for Unusual ornamental grasses, uncommon fragrant or butterfly attracting plants, like Joe Pye Weed, scented unusual honeysuckles, uncommon coneflowers, valerian, butterfly bushes, uncommon tall phlox, fragrant asiatic or oriental lilies, etc.

I also need shrubs and small trees like corkscrew willow, named hibiscus (Kopper King, Jazzberry Jam, Lady Baltimore, Confederate Rose Hib, etc), variegated leafed shrubs, Red Twig Dogwood, something that's sun loving and drought tolerant.

I could also use some climbing roses, particularly something that blooms most of the summer in pink, white, peach or yellow. No newly rooted cuttings please. I need something that is rooted enough to go in ground immediately.

I'd also trade for pet meds for my 90 lb fella (Heartgard, Advantix, etc), concrete artworks, ironworks, anything I could use in my home or garden.

What I have to trade are the following. These are all well rooted plants that you can plant immediately and not have to baby for weeks. They've been growing in hot, dry conditions and are thriving:

Elephant Ear - Miranda - tiny plant

Clerodendron Ugandense - Butterfly vine

Clerodendron Bungeii - Mexican Hydrangea (hardy in zone 7 at least)

Mexican Heather (several well-rooted plants)

Zingiber Zerumbet - shampoo ginger/pinecone ginger - don't know the color. It's survived in zone 7, but has never bloomed in 5 years. Needs a warmer climate or to come in for the winter.

Yucca - variegated, flaccid foliage - not stiff like the foliage of many yuccas, so it doesn't prick as badly.

Passiflora incarnata - Passion flower, maypops - shocks badly when transplanted and will lose all foliage but it will grow back in a few weeks. Also very late to come up. Usually sprouts up in July here and by August, it's blooming.

Black Moudry Fountain Grass - black plumes in fall

Spice Mint - great spicy sent, tolerates drought beautifully - better than any other mint I've grown.

Wisteria --if I can dig it. I don't know how far the root goes, but it looks like a sprout off the mother plant, so maybe not too tough to get out of the ground

Iris Hexagona - blue louisiana iris (loves water, but also remarkably drought tolerant)

DAYLILIES (each trade is one double fan):

Black Plush

Darius

Whooperee

Pirate Lord

Well All Right

Duke of Durham

Pink Ballerina

Kecia

Hudson Valley

Sea of Stars

Frans Hals

Rocket City

Crimson Pirate

Catherine Woodbery

If interested in trading, let me know. I won't trade for just one or two plants. I prefer larger trades since postage is so high these days.

Thank you for reading all of this.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus