SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
asukawashere

WANTED: Trade plants for Mycelium Culture

Amanda Wenger
9 years ago

Hi all! I've been intrigued by the concept of growing mushrooms from coffee grounds, but I'm not particularly keen on buying a $20+ mushroom culture thing for each species I want to try, so I was wondering if anybody here happens to have a spare culture they'd be willing to swap for plants or seeds.

I'm particularly looking for Pleurotus pulmonarius (summer oyster) or Pleurotus citrinopileatus (golden oyster) as I hear they thrive this time of year (was planning on keeping them in the basement, which is around 75-ish degrees and humid as heck right now), but anything you think is easy to grow in warm weather would be welcome. I'm new to mushroom growing, so I would welcome the input.

As for what I have to offer, I have a massive selection of aquarium plants to choose from (just ask--if I don't have it I'll know someone who does), and some pond edge/marginals (Acorus calamus 'variegatus', LA irises 'Lake Winona' 'Vinicolor' and 'Rose Cartwheel', Zephyranthes candida).

From a more terrestrial flower perspective, I can offer some nameless random hostas (solid green leaf, smallish size), a nameless purple Siberian iris, and a big pile of morning glory seeds (mixed I. purpurea colors--pink and purple). I have two kinds of Sempervivum, an unnamed green variety and 'Red Beauty'

On the edible front, I have a never-ending supply of purple shiso (perilla), several kinds of mint (spear, chocolate, lemon balm, sweet mint), or a few young common sage plants.

Seed-wise, I have lots of freshly-harvested Dwarf Grey Sugar peas that are ready to sow for a fall crop, common sage (some of which were used to grow those sage plants), rose mallow (Lavatera trimestris), purple tomatillo, Georgia collards, and American Flag leeks, all packed for 2014. If you're interested in seeds from 2012/2013 the list gets a little bigger...

Let me know what you'd be willing to trade for--I might be able to bum some off a neighbor/friend if I don't have it myself.

Comment

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?