SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ima_digger

OT: Virus warning from UPS

ima_digger
15 years ago

I thought everyone should be made aware of this virus that'g going around. I received this email from my daughter yesterday:

"Yesterday I opened an email that said it was from UPS..the email had a link to track my package...or so I thought...coincidentally I did order something (not sure if it was coming UPS) so I clicked on the link...I got Hijacked by a worm....it was for XP 2008 Antivirus...I could not get rid of it..it told me I had thousands of viruses and that I needed to get rid of them by purchasing the antivirus software...it took over my computer..thank God we have computer techs next door to us at work...one of the techs worked on it all day from approx. 11:30am to 4:30pm..to finally get it off my computer..it attaches to the computers registry....He used a program called Malware Anti-Malware something..so please be careful of any links within emails that you are not sure of...especially from UPS or Fedex, etc...."

Becareful of what links you open. It's safer to go directly to UPS or FedEx and check directly instead of clicking on link supplied in email.

Comment (1)

Sponsored