SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lghamm

Help with new front walkway/landscaping

lghamm
16 years ago

I discovered this forum a couple of months ago and have been enjoying reading through tons of posts. I am hoping to get some help improving the front of my house. I have lived in this house for 10 years without the funds or time to do anything to enhance the curb appeal other than a small annual bed at the bottom of the steps. Now I am planning to have the cracked driveway and steps redone. Originally I thought I would just replace them with no changes, but reading many of your thoughts makes me wonder if that's the best I can do design-wise. I have always wished the driveway were a little wider on each side so that when people park there, they don't have to walk on the grass. To save money, rather than redo the whole driveway, I'd like to just replace the cracked section and widen the driveway with some combination of new concrete and pavers or ??? I can't imagine what would look good and work practically and I haven't seen anyone with a similar house do anything different than the builder's standard issue that I have. To complicate matters, I have 2 built-in sprinker heads right at the edge of the driveway on both sides. I don't think these would be a big deal to move, but they may be a consideration.

I would love to get your ideas and opinions. This is my first time posting, so please advise if I didn't "do it right."

After I get this hardscape taken care of, I will happily move on to replacing the overgrown junipers.

Thanks in advance!

Laura

{{gwi:31453}}

Comments (10)