SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningwithlcgrace

Seedling transplant ?? - peppers & tom's

Lcgrace Mahoney
15 years ago

My pepper and tomato seedlings have sprouted and are about 2" tall. They are in small "sprouting" cells. I'll be transplanting into 6pks very soon.

Question #1

I used seed starting mixture for planting. I'm wondering if I should use the same mixture and start to add diluted fertilizer or if I should use a miracle grow "type" of bagged soil for transplanting. (Put the new soil in the trays and add the seed starting mix and tiny seedling into the cell...and add more "new" soil on top.) Is this a good idea or keep using the seed starting mix until they go to the garden?

Question #2

I know that many of you don't like the miracle grow "blue" stuff. I use it for my houseplants and occasionally the garden plants. It's time to give my seedlings their 1st "meal"...... how "weakly" should I dilute the solution? I don't remember from last year. I know that I diluted it out til the water was clear.

I'll be asking the same question on the seed starting forum. I'm going to try to get started on this asap. Thanks so much for your thoughts! LcGrace

Comments (4)