SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowerpotdreamer

Raised Bed Cover/Greenhouse

flowerpotdreamer
14 years ago

While I was away at school yesterday my husband decided to build me a little greenhouse like structure over my raised bed. He made it out of wood and plastic sheeting. Its a slanted roof structure, about 4-5 feet at its highest point and 2-3 feet at its lowest point. It is screwed onto the base of my raised bed.

The problem is, I really don't quite know how to use it! Its not a row cover (or is it?) and its not a cold frame (it might be!) lol. He isn't a gardener and didn't ask me what I wanted, just built it :)

Could anyone give me pointers on starting my seeds in such a thing? I would like to get a jump on the growing season as its about 100 days or less here in Montana where I am.

Are there specific rules for using something like this? Should I have a thermometer? Should I open it up during the day? Does anyone else do this? Thanks so much for your advice! Yesterday we had a 80 degree day and it was about 300 degrees in there :) today is going to be 76 and it looks like we have a bit of an unseasonably warm stretch in front of us. Thanks!

Comments (3)