SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bartles30

Blooms are just falling off tomatoes and pepper plants

bartles30
17 years ago

I have one huge tomato plant which is a hybrid created for pots. It looks great and I have yellow flowers starting to emerge. My question is two fold. Indiana weather is crazy, like most midwestern states. Somedays it get so hot and my pepper and tomato plants look very thirst. Of course I water them. Problem is it rains hard every other day and they still look thirsty. They wilt to the point I can see through the plant, which after watering they perk back up. Should I be watering when they look like this? It seems like I water everyday. I use miracle grow veg soil, but it is light and fluffy. I am only 25 and my dad always says to feel the soil and check for moisture. This is hard because it feels dry all the time. Second question. Why am I loosing my white blooms on my pepper plants and also some of my yellow blooms on my tomato plants. This happened last year and I just let nature take its course. I didn't have as many peppers or tomatoes as I wanted. Can anyone tell me why this happens or what I can do to help em? It just seems like some bloom and them the bloom falls off. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments (3)