SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
earthladyj

WANTED: Looking for Soap Nut Treee or Sapindus mukerossi

earthladyj
11 years ago

It takes 9 years to grow soap nuts used for laundry and cleaning so Im looking for a tree. Does anyone know where I can buy one?

Comments (4)

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

My hubby has been looking for 1 of those trees for a long time ...if we come across them somewhere I'll try to remember to let you know where we found it :)

• txaggiegirl
    11 years ago

I have soapberry or Sapindus saponaria var. drummondii which is native to a large portion of the US...I collect the seeds for some of my neighbors that use it in their laundry and lots of seedlings and young trees...I see no email or trade listing for you Earth Lady...I will check your listing MoonFire...

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

thanks txaggiegirl :) ...I have no listings either as I'm fairly new and my trade list hasn't built up yet...so my list changes quickly depending on what i trade out and what i plant at the time...please let me know if there is anything specific you are looking for...I checked your page and see you have no list of specific wants...if there is something you'd like i can see if i have it or can find it easily...if not i'm always happy to send postage/stamps or maybe some other kind of trade...thanks again...my hubby will be over the roof happy if I finally found his seeds lol

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    11 years ago

Anyone else wanting Western Soapberries (Sapindus saponaria var. drummondii but Oikos has it listed as Sapindus drummondii)can check with Oikos Tree Crops. I ordered some a few years ago and they came in great condition and had no problem surviving (even the one that someone ran over with a tractor).

I have no idea how well each species works for soap.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living