SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iruehl_gw

Concrete, Pavers, Brick??? Oh my!

IRuehl
12 years ago

OK, I love the Ideas and advice I get from here, so many fresh eyes, and awesome ideas, I love you guys. So when I have a lip biting, hair pulling, face-palm problem, you can bet your sweet bum I am bringing it here.

well, here is my latest yard conflict. I have a small 3' wide, about 25' long "Porch" There were once boxwood in the empty spot with bright red mulch (What were the old owners into) So, in the fashion of "Waste not, want not" I saved the boxwood and moved them to the outer side of the sidewalk so when sitting in the chair, your not getting a boxwood pedicure. Also wanted to give the yard more of a soft flow as opposed to all the hard lines it had before. But that left me with a big empty spot that I was originally going to fill with concrete, but the more I look at it the more questions I have. I have a small budget, and with my husband in the Army and 3 kids ages 1-7 I need to be able to do this myself. I am not lazy, but not the hulk either. I cannot rip out the tiny sidewalk, But trying to make it look the best I can working with it. I have been looking into all the drainage, and so forth, so this is just aesthetically "What would look best"

1. Should I add brick in the dirt-grass area? Would that be brick over kill? Would it look like I just patched it in?

2. Should i fill with concrete and try to match it to the stuff thats already there?

3. Should I used pavers, will it look disjointed and out of place?

4. Is it going to be to much hard outside of my rancher?

5. will any said ideas hurt my future resale value?

All ideas are appreciated and respected. I Cannot get away with more plants and garden here, the area gets stomped all day everyday by kids, husband, soldiers, so tracking everything in the house sucks. Also trying to make it easy to get in the house without tiptoeing in a single file line due to they way to skinny path and porch.

{{gwi:28616}}

{{gwi:28618}}

{{gwi:28619}}

{{gwi:28620}}

Comments (11)