SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snowdreamer_gw

HELP. All plants rapidly deteriorating from nutrient deficiency!

snowdreamer
13 years ago

I have several tomato plants which were growing beautifully for months. I have many tomatoes coming out and they were growing wonderfully. I also am growing potatoes and the plant was also coming along quite beautifully but now they are suddenly all dying very rapidly!! It started with the potato plant's lower leaves becoming yellow. The next day, I noticed leaves on the tomato plant yellowing as well. It seems like every time I check on them throughout the day, they look worse and worse. I notice that the once green tomatoes are even starting to yellow. I also see that all my other plants are yellowing as well, like a horrible plague. None of these plants are growing together. They all have separate pots, even on separate sides of the terrace. All of them get plenty of sunlight and plenty of water. I water them every morning and have been doing so for months without issue. The ONLY difference is the fertilizer. I was using Miraclo Gro fertilizer. When I found out it's a chemical fertilizer, I wanted an organic one so I went and bought the Miracle Gro Organic All Purpose Plant Food Concentrate, with the ingredient being sugar beet molasses. It states to mix half a capful with 2 gallons of water and wet the leaves and soil with it. I did just that but a few days later, here I am with all my hard work dying.

I went and bought a soil tester. If I did it correctly, it's showing no nitrogen, deficient phosphorus, and neutral pH. What could have caused the nutrients to sudden get depleted? Could there be a different problem? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Comments (19)