SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abbeyjosmom

Have: Lots and lots to trade! Take a look!

abbeyjosmom
15 years ago

Hi everyone! I have an elderly lady who lives 2 homes away from mine on my block and we share plants, etc. She is on a very fixed income and does not have internet but had been on GW when she would go to the library once in awhile. Well she has more gardens than I have ever seen on one small city property and has nearly no grass now, which is incidently her dream. Many of her plants are from her mothers gardens and her mom is in her late 80's presently. She is also a strict organic gardener and has amazing plants. She wanted me to post for her a good trade and list what she has to offer. She can only afford to do one trade at the moment and prefer it to be the large priority flat rate box which I believe is the 12.95 box. There are a couple of exceptions on her list as they are more expensive or uncommon plants that she would prefer something equal in return. She is very generous and has quite possibly the greenest thumb I have ever seen. You wont be sorry that you traded with her! I just ask that if you want things marked special that you offer something special in return. She will be willing to send her end first since she is new provided you don't have bad feedback on the rate and review forum. Thanks in advance and God bless!

Have for trade:

*keria- special

*highbush cranberry

*perennial ageratum

*black eyed susans

*baptisia- false indigo- only small start unless something special is traded in exchange

*honeysuckle- yellow flowering

*blackberry lilies

*comfrey

*oregano- commom

*peppermint

*applemint

*spearmint

*agastache rugosa-(eastern korean mint?)- pink flowering

*chamomile

*correander

*chives

*garlic chives

*creeping jenny

*sedum- small yellow flowering groundcover

*horse radish

*mock orange - single bloom- special trade

*lambs ear

*cherry tomato plants

*money plant

*wild violets- white w/blue ribbing

*mallow

*bishops weed- (some call it snow on the mountain) green& *white varigated leaf with white flower

*feverfew

*catmint

*ribbon grass

*trumpet vine

*sweet autumn clematis rooted - prefer rooted clematis in return

*honey locust tree- 1 only

*baby redbud trees

*Celest rose- very large growing heirloom rose- light pink HIGHLY FRAGRANT!!!! special trade

*vinca 'periwinkle"

Want list: (in order of what she wants the most)

*Heirloom yellow flowering rose- she doesn't remember the name but that the blooms are about the size of an oreo cookie and it's a once bloomer. She said it was very thorny

and a very large bush that required no pruning. It was her mom's and was not able to be taken from the old homestead. This would mean the world to her. But I know it is a long shot.

* Agastache- any western variety that is orange, red, or other than the pink she already has listed in her "haves" list.

*meconopsis- himalayan blue poppy- long shot, I know!

*creeping phlox- says she would like purple or pink but I know anything but white would do

*pink lily of the valley

*Newer varieties of Echinacea

*Cascading Ornamental Oregano- Origanum libanoticum

*Turkish Speedwell- Veronica liwanensis

*Honeycomb butterfly bush

I do know she loves blue flowers, tall spikey flowers, and old fashioned roses (no hybrid teas). Or if you have nothing named in her list but have things she may like just list them and I will run it by her, you never know, she may want it and just not know it yet, lol. Hope this helps.

Comments (3)

Sponsored