SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tnjnm07_gw

Hill - A thorn in my side

tnjnm07
12 years ago

I have a 50 w x 15 L slope front yard. I would like to have a perennial garden, that butterflies and Birds can enjoy without me having to be in there a lot. I'd like some evergreens in there for winter interest . How do I lay it out? What should I put on either end of the slope and what is good focal point for the top, so that I don't have to stare at my neighbors homes/cars. See Picture

I have a list of things Id like to see (butterfly bush, Black Eyed Susans, Blue Festica grass, daylilys, coneflower, daisies, purple love grass and of course phlox) Im on the hunt for rocks, i just don't wanna pay 400 for a 1/2 of pallet. I also have some hostas that are popping up, and some tickseed that I might use. I was thinking of creating a small gravel path through the garden, so that when I have to get in there it could be accessed easily. Im hoping to put the plants that need pruning down near the bottom to get to easily. How many plants of each would I need? What other plants and how many?

What are your thoughts on this. I am fairly new to gardening, there were junipers there that the moles chomped through, and last year there were so many weeds, which is why I put the tarp down on easter, because I was afraid with the summer like spring that I would be in lots of trouble.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hill - a thorn in my side

Comments (5)