SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roorezzi

Seeking advice and help with walkway garden.. pics.. long

roorezzi
17 years ago

Please help!! I am clueless on what to do with this entry garden.

Here is some background: The bed is 18 ft long and about 7.5 ft deep. We are planning on taking all the rocks out of the garden and walkway. We will replace the walkway with either different rocks/stepping stones or pavers. Prob rocks for now til we decide what exactly we want. We eventually want to rip the rr ties out and replace but they are styaing for now. We will be restaining them a deeper brown. We have only lived here for a year and are ready to make the outside look more inviting. the old owners neglected the outside and we had to rip out some dying bushes.

Here is the idea that I had. We spend a decent amount of time in the front of our house - so we thought to take part of the garden and put down slate or bluestone with our bistro table or bench or chairs.. (not sure which.) We want a small seating area to sit out in front.

We want to do the garden section under the large window of our EIK area. I do want to do maybe azaleas and other perrenials or bushes. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure how large anything will get. I don't want something that looks crowded or too sparse.

We also want to replace the shutters this summer. We are thinking a green color. I hope it looks ok with the brown trim (I HATE BROWN TRIM) but we have no choice in the matter right now. We will also be getting a screen door. One that is either full length or almost full length.

Here are the pics:

{{gwi:27345}}

{{gwi:27346}}

{{gwi:27347}}

We will slowly also be adding to the other side of the steps. any suggestions over there....

{{gwi:27348}}

{{gwi:27349}}

Thanks for sticking around to read all this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Ruth

Comments (8)