SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfia

Where to start? I'm just stuck since I want smaller

lyfia
16 years ago

We have a knew home and I like gardening, but I have a complete empty slate and I'm trying to go small as I have very little time to actually be in the yard and this seems to make me stuck.

I'm a planner and want to come up with a design first and work towards it. I know what plants I want to use and play with to see if they work. The part I'm having trouble is shape and what to do about beds. In the past I've always had them surrounding the house foundation, but I don't have the time to maintain it now so I need to go small and that completely have me stumped.

Any suggestions to get me started? I'm on 4 acres, but only want to do stuff around the house and plant trees on the rest. (Old hay field).

Here is a outline of the house and porches. I'd like to start with the front as it gets lots of sun and I had to use more shade plants at my old house, so it will be fun to actually use plants that like sun.

{{gwi:26878}}

Here is a pic of the side where guests enter the porch and toward the front door.

{{gwi:26880}}

and here is one from the other side and what you see driving along the road. I'm closer to the house than the road is.

{{gwi:26882}}

More pics here

Comments (6)