SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moneypitzela

Suggestions (and mock up!) for (salt) waterfront home

moneypitzela
14 years ago

Hi all. I'm in the midst of spiffing up our oceanfront home, and need some help with the front garden. Lots of salt air, hard clay like soil and no sprinklers make it tricky. What's pictured here (day lillies and peonies that are wild and overgrown, short lived and then leave behind lots of green, stemmy mess) was taken after many hours spent weeding out and down the jungle that clogs the garden. With the exception of the rose bushes, I'm ready to pull everything out and start over. Would like to keep it simple and in keeping w/ the coastal feel of the house. I'd love to also put something in to the left and right underneath each triangle (see second picture) as well. The Disneyesque "blob" used to have birds' nests in it, which is why we kept it around, but now I can put this bush out of its misery. Given that I am not a gardener (afraid of big bugs), I'm hoping someone might have mercy, creative ambition and mock up skills! I'd love to see your ideas, and basically hand them off to a local landscaper to plant before summer arrives. Anyone out there looking to see their work happen? I promise to post when it's all planted. Thanks in advance. {{gwi:23937}} {{gwi:23939}}

Comments (8)