SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
youth4him

Huge Yard - We're Slaves, Please Help!

youth4him
14 years ago

Hi there, I'll try to make this as brief as possible. We have 5 acres here in Montana, and when we had a designer do our landscape, she unfortunately decided to use the WHOLE yard as a canvas, which has more or less accomplished 2 things:

1) We're slaves to the yard.

2) Everything is spread WAY out on the property.

We have an acre of lawn, 1200sqft garden (raised beds), conifer and deciduous trees of varied maturity, a row of lilacs on one fence side, a small pond, a trampoline/sandbox/play structure area, and soon we're adding a 15x30 pool (we love to swim, despite the short season.

I'm looking for ways to bring everything IN closer to the house, lessen the lawn, move trees into the new lawn space, integrate the new pool and patio, and just get things easier to manage and nicer to look at.

I'd love to find a designer that I can send pictures too, since we are limited in our skilled designers up here. Any suggestions for how to find one?

I'd love to see designs of large yards that are designed without using this whole 5 acres. We also want to integrate the new pool into our patio area to make it all more usable.

We need help! ;-> I have access to machinery, so the labor part of it isn't too bad, it's the design/layout of it that needs the work.

Pictures are below (various stages over the years:)

{{gwi:21021}}

{{gwi:21022}}

{{gwi:21023}}

{{gwi:21024}}

{{gwi:21025}}

{{gwi:21026}}

{{gwi:21027}}

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths