SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rnewste

Raybo's EarthTainer 'Farm' on May 1 (pics)

rnewste
14 years ago

April turned out to be a pretty good month in Northern California this year. Temps hit in the 90's on 4 days, and the plants really loved it!

{{gwi:30880}}

Bloody Butcher and Buckbee New 50 Day have set a number of fruit, with the Bloody Butcher now 28" tall:

{{gwi:30881}}

The "Myth-Busters Challenge" between "Old" Tomato-tone and "New" Tomato-tone is becoming more interesting. Here is a pair of Goose Creek with the "Old" tomato-tone on the left:

{{gwi:30882}}

The Goose Creek with the "New" Tomato-tone has caught up in overall growth, but is still not as lush green as the plant with the "Old" Tomato-tone.

The Ed's Millennium is still showing a "lead" for the "Old" Tomato-tone:

{{gwi:30883}}

On these 4 plants (Big Beef, Celebrity, Carmello, and Dona) I used a 50/50 mix of the "Old" Tomato-tone and "New" Tomato-tone, apparently without any harmful effects to date:

{{gwi:30884}}

The CornTainers continue to develop as I have staged seeding every two weeks:

{{gwi:30885}}

I am experimenting with 5 different varieties in the 10 CornTainers to see which variety does best in this climate:

{{gwi:16857}}

Stalks are thickening up and I am very happy I elected to plant only 15 stalks per 'Tainer as they already look overcrowded:

{{gwi:30886}}

I am a little disappointed in the Candy Onions as they seem to be languishing a bit:

{{gwi:30887}}

But the Snow Peas continue to shoot through the roof:

{{gwi:30889}}

Hopefully, the month of May will be just as kind.

Raybo

Comments (16)