SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bossmareny6a

have japanese red maples

bossmareny6a
12 years ago

Im new to trading plants. I have a new house & yard that Im discovering its secrets as Spring unfolds. There are hundreds of small Jap Red Maple babies shooting up all over my yard. Some seedlings are older, about 2' high and stems abt as thick as a pencil or sharpie. Likely these babies are borne of two enormous old full-size red maples we cut down over winter b/c they are highly toxic to horses, which I planned to bring onto the property this spring, so the maples had to go (I hated cutting them down, & although I was quoted a price of $5,000 for both, they were located in spots that would've been impossible to dig them out successfully for transplanting in another yard). My guilt of killing the two old trees compels me to offer the babies to gardeners who can love them as i would if I didn't have horses. I would love to trade but will also send babies for postage. My tradelist only includes seeds so LMK what you have -- I have 3 bare acres to landscape! The one plant I *really* would like to have is Virginia Bluebells (Mertensia virginica).

~Kerry

PS. Pics available on request of babies (in full red regalia) or adult trees (unfortunately dormant winter pics but will give idea of size).

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions