SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightgardener_gw

Introduction

midnightgardener
16 years ago

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself and my garden. I am a novice gardener, the garden I just planted will be my first one in about 15 years. Looking forward to many tasty vegetables. My garden is in Sacramento, Ca. I started it in December of last year. I had to clear some trees from the area. Next I noticed that the ground had golf ball sized rocks to a depth of about six inches. I decided to go with a raised bed as I did not have anywhere to put the rocks much less the time to move them all. I ended up needing eleven yards of soil. I rented a bobcat to move the soil into the garden. This ended up tearing up my yard and I had to plant grass seed in part of it. I had some problems germinating my seeds, I think I left them outside too long with the hotcap on and this killed them. I did get pumpkins, okra and cucumbers to germinate. On March 20th I planted everything. I have corn, pumpkins, cucumbers, yellow squash, peppers, green beans, black eyed peas, okra, watermelon, tomatoes and sunflowers. I have a blog that I will be chronicling my gardening adventures (and misadventures!) to over the year. The blog has a link to my garden picture page. I have several pictures there of the garden in various stages of development. The pictures will be updated periodically throughout the year. The link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: My garden blog

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm