SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
harleysilo

Ideas Wanted, Septic Tank Cover....What?!?

harleysilo
17 years ago

Yup, New house to us anyways, there was a dead spot in the grass when we moved in, there was a pallet sitting there, I thought it killed the grass, tilled it up over winter seeded it and the grass was looking great! No rain in a couple weeks, grass dead, but in a perfect Rectangle! Dug down 3" it's the top of our septic tank...so....here is a diagram....

If there is another forum whose advice I should seek please advise.

{{gwi:13907}}

It's hard to see, but the green patch to the left of the brown dog is the spot...

{{gwi:13908}}

So If I wanted to make a raised bed for either vegetables, or flowers, what ideas or suggestions does anyone have? I could just extend the mulch bed to include it, but it would really look funny.

I've been brainstorming...so does anyone ever use a small child's plastic pool to plant in? I could make a decroative cover to go around the edge of the pool, one that could be lifted up, and then pool could be slide out of the way for a septic inspection. I might have to put the pool on a piece of plywood to be able to pull it out of way with lawnmower of Jeep. Of course would need some drainage in the pool....

Also the area is right by where my A/C evapration pump dispense water, about 2 gallons every hour in summer, so that could be pumped over to the pool, how to disperse it evenly would be another challenge....

Comments (2)