SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dougnjess

have to trade 3 hardy kiwi; 2 male 1 female

dougnjess
15 years ago

The three kiwi that I have are between 3 and 6 years old. They were vining up a wrought iron arbor that a winter ice and wind storm uprooted and warped. I had to dig them and trim them back to remove the arbor, and so I am hoping to trade them. The 6 year old male is enormous! The root mass is around three feet, and the 3 year old male is good sized, but not half that of the six year old guy. The female is smaller still (by nature) but has a good root mass (12 inches long and lots of tertiary)and she is 3 years old. They are from zone 5 and are hardy outdoors. They have not produced fruit for me yet, but maybe for you. We had to transplant the 6 yr. old three years ago, and I have heard that it can take a couple of years to fruit after a move. I am looking for a trade of equal proportions. I am interested in fruit trees, good sized blueberry bushes, and hardy grasses. In particular I am looking for a large clump of zebra, maiden hair, pampas, and norhtern sea oats. Thank you for your consideration. If you are in the area I am willing to arrange pick up. Thank you!

Comment (1)

Sponsored