SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyjane_gardener

New raised raised beds!

nancyjane_gardener
11 years ago

my neighbors are having to move to Hawaii (poor guys!) for a couple of years and they are selling us their 3 raised (as in off the ground) beds at cost! My chiro will be so pleased!
The hubby is in construction and the wife a big time gardener, so I know they're in good shape! They were just built last summer, so I know I have plenty of years of use from them! They are about 3'x8' and about a foot deep
I'll keep my tomatoes, beans, squash and, of course asparagus in the origional raised beds due to the height of the plants and the asparagus having it's own bed. The herb garden is in it's own area
Peppers, eggplant, tomatillos, cukes (mine don't get very big) in the new beds? What others might do well in a 1 ft deep bed? I'm sure the lettuces and greens in the fall will do well.
What about root veges? I have very little experience with them other than radishes.I could have my hubby add some height to one of the beds if, say 2' is enough to grow some .
This kind of gets me excited, cause, if we have to move into town for any reason, we have some beds that will fit in a smaller yard!
I know, I know......ask in the container garden forum, but you guys are the ones I know! Nancy

Comments (7)