SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joes_onions

Egyptian Walking Onions- Top bulbs and very RARE bottom bulbs

Joes_onions
13 years ago

I have EWO's Top bulbs and the very RARE bottom bulbs. Heirlooms that have been known to grow over 4' tall and have top sets the size of golf balls.

In appearance and growth habits, Egyptian Walking Onions resemble shallots and other multiplier onions such as Potato Onions. Their advantages and unique characteristics include the following:

Egyptian Walking Onions are easy to grow and are best when planted during the spring/fall season. They will over winter right in the garden and send up early spring growth as soon as the weather begins to warm.

These multipliers are very productive and also resistant to insect pests. Rather than produce a single onion, Egyptian Walking onions produce bulbs in clusters of three to five onions which are connected at their base just like shallots and produce a nice large clump of top onions(sometimes the size of golf balls).

Each cluster of onions will contain an assortment of sizes, all of which can be eaten or replanted into the garden.

Egyptian Walking Onions are versatile; you can harvest leaf growth in early spring to use as "spring greens." While the mature bulbs keep extremely well and can be stored in the home through the winter months until they are needed for cooking(up to a year when stored properly.

The bulbs themselves are much larger than shallots and are easy to peel and prepare for kitchen use. Egyptian Walking Onions have a potent pepper, sweet taste that I prefer over regular onions, and will impart more of a distinctly gourmet flavor to your favorite recipes when used in place of onions.

Once you plant Egyptian Walking Onions in your garden you�ll have an everlasting and continuous supply. It couldn�t be any easier to save your own seed to use when replanting. All you do is set aside a mix of the best bulbs that you harvest to replant in the fall.

Looking for hop rhizomes,gruit herbs, potatoe seed and other heirlooms. Let me know what you have to trade.

Thanks - Joe

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert