SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
demeron

Best quince for Z6

demeron
16 years ago

Hey all, I enjoyed rereading last year's excellent suggestions for a privacy screen for the backyard of my newly built house. Last fall I managed to get in two Arnold's Promise witchhazel, which are making me very happy by blooming despite the cold. The Fence Guy is working on our fence quote-- 6' scalloped wood fence in the back, sloping on the sides to 5'. I also have three summer snowflake viburnum in the ground, a dancing peacocks japanese maple, a 3 flower maple, a halle jolivette cherry I have high hopes of, a black gum, and about 18,000 (well, a few hundred) bulbs. And yet so much to do!

The landscape plan calls for a line of the following: butterflies magnolia in the corner, three green giant arbovitae, my two witchhazel (already in), then a serviceberry autumn brilliance and 3 blue ice cypress. I am not sure I am excited about the magnolia. I am thinking a quince tree might be more fun. Anybody grown a semi-dwarf quince they can recommend? A nice crab or semi-dwarf apple appeals to me too-- open to suggestions. I just hope it won't look weird next to the Green Giants which do get very tall.

I'm psyched about spring, don't know about you all!

Comments (3)