SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

Hits and Misses 2011

mxk3 z5b_MI
12 years ago

I don't recall seeing the annual Hits and Misses thread this year...if we have one going already - well, hey.

I'll start...

Hits:

* Pentas: Wasn't so sure about them at first, but once they took off they filled out beautifully into healthy green mounds topped with flowers the butterflies loved. I got the lilac color (which is a light blue-based pink), which is not easy to find, but fit it nicely with my color scheme. Definitely going to grow next year.

* Zinnias: Not new to me but have not planted in large plantings before. I am *thrilled* with them! I planted "Bernary's Giant Purple" and "Uproar Rose" and they were joyous!

Eh:

* Lantana: Stayed healthy and flowered nicely once got going and no trouble in terms of upkeep, but the flowers didn't thrill me - nice but eh. Maybe will grow again, maybe not.

Misses:

* Angel Wings begonia: I just didn't like it. It grew okay and stayed healthy, but I just didn't like it - what else can I say :0\

Nothing else new to me this year. Was disappointed in my heliotrope - don't know what was going on with that this year...just didn't want to get going until now, September, when they are finally filling out and blooming nicely :0/ .

Comments (5)