SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

About the FAQ editor request...hmmmm

Has anyone responded by writing to GW to volunteer yet?

If so, or if not, I've got some ideas for making them better, and am considering volunteering. While I am a bit more familiar with the hardy spring blooming bulbs, I lack being knowledgeable about bulbs being grown in warmer climates or those that are grown in pots.

I 'do' think that often questions are asked here that would be maybe better addressed on other more specialized forums (or maybe in their FAQ), ie Canna, Dahlia, Iris (bearded), Amaryllis, Lily, Daylily, etc. That could even be covered in an FAQ maybe, like, "How do I grow Amaryllis, Canna, Dahlia, Daylily, Iris (bearded)?"

Reply, "Please see the specific forums for these plants/bulbs" The link to all of the GW Forums can be found in the Green Banner at the top of any GW page."

I've volunteered to re-do/update the FAQ at the Seed Exchange, but would be glad to be a part of redoing The Bulb Forum FAQ. I see a lot of it as sort of useless, with the answers often not reflecting the garden zone of the member or the time of the year the replies are made.

I figure one section could be devoted to daffodils- planting, when to plant, problems/non-blooming, cultivars, sources, forcing, early emergence, what to do with forced bulbs, what to do with spring blooming bulbs that didn't get planted, etc.

Another section could cover tulips with about the same questions.

Another section covering Hyacinths with about the same questions.

Tender bulbs-etc, digging and storing, etc.

Bulbs for the Southern Garden? Growing, cultivars? tips, care...

Bulbs and critters? How to protect bulbs from critters?

I'll be quite busy until later when all my daffs are planted but will then have much more spare time to contribute....maybe a good winter project?

Suggestions? Input? Volunteers? Have I maybe had too much coffee already?

{{gwi:27158}}

Sue

Comments (7)