SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Gritty and 5.1.1mix. Your experiences!!:-)

meyermike_1micha
14 years ago

Let me be the one to start with a good one and then a bad one to a good one..:-)

Before I ever knew of these mixes, I never knew how to keep a plant past a year or two of growing except my Sans..Therefore, with all the thousands of dollars of plants and materilas I have had to throw out over the years,relentless dead plants, and an inability to be able to find anyone to help me growm in mucky, compacted soils, I have finally been able to keep them growing past a couple of years!

Now I can honestly say that most of my plants are past 2 years old..lol

I did have a bad experience in the start of using these mixes, which shows me that I never really appreciated the detail to which the ingredients is layed out, or the process of msking them....

I would skip the gypsum, overlook the lime, I would not screen the turface, and would not sift the fines..Well, that was a big mistake! My plants would rebel with very yellow leaves, branch die back, still root rot, and a few stunted growing ones..

My cultural practices, and the fact that attention to detail was overlooked was the culprit to my failures..

Now that I finally have it all together, finally undersatnd what purpose each ingredient serves, screen what I am suppose too,and use the right fertilizers, I can say both I and my plants are as happy as can be. Now I can watch my plants grow old with me and beyond to their best potential!

Rich green leaves, lots of blossoms, strong root systems, great fruit yeilds, and lack of pests!

Thank you for the help I needed when I needed it most!

Mike:-)

Comments (5)